Gold Mine, Resources
- The Gold Mine collects gold from an unlimited underground reserve and stores it until collected by the player and placed into a Gold Storage. When the mine is full, production will be stopped until it is collected (or raided by an enemy player).
- The production rate and storage capacity depends on the level of the Gold Mine. One can estimate the amount of resources in the mine by looking at the cart at the right side of the mine.
- The Gold Mine takes up a 3×3 space.
- When you choose to upgrade a Gold Mine, it will automatically collect any uncollected Gold. Note that if your Gold Storages are full at that time, the uncollected gold will be lost! During the upgrade the mine stops producing gold.
- Once the Gold Mine is level 5, you can temporarily boost its production with Gems. Spending Gems will double the Mine’s production for 1 day.
- It is a good idea to put your Gold Mines outside of your Walls, so they can act as a distraction to units such as Barbarians and Archers.
- Attackers can steal up to 50% of the uncollected Gold in your mine. Having too many uncollected resources will make you a more attractive target.
- If a Gold Mine is destroyed in an attack while it is being upgraded, no gold will be lost, as the mine is empty during this time.
- Pay careful attention to the location of Gold Mines when planning your attack, as Gold Mines are usually only marginally protected and can be quite lucrative, especially at high levels. Many times a single Archer can be placed in such a way that it can destroy a Gold Mine while standing clear of any defenses.
- If you see a round number of gold in a raid, it is most likely going to be in the Gold Mines rather than in the Gold Storages (example 90,000). Although round numbers can occur in Gold Storages, they happen much more often when Gold Storages have been emptied by a previous raid and the resultant shield has allowed the Gold Mines to completely fill up.
|Town Hall Level||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||9||10|
The “Catch Up Point” is the time at which the newly upgraded mine has equaled the total production of the mine had it not been upgraded – this does not consider recovering the cost of the other resource required to perform the upgrade.
|Defensive Buildings||Cannon • Archer Tower • Mortar • Wizard Tower • Air Defense • Hidden Tesla • X-Bow • Inferno Tower • Walls • Traps|
|Resource Buildings||Gold Mine • Gold Storage • Elixir Collector • Elixir Storage • Dark Elixir Drill • Dark Elixir Storage • Builder’s Hut|
|Army Buildings||Army Camp • Barracks • Dark Barracks • Laboratory • Spell Factory • Barbarian King Altar • Archer Queen Altar|
|Other Buildings||Town Hall • Clan Castle • Decorations • Obstacles|